Newporter 40 Together

a beautiful boat should sail forever.

Dennis Gaffney's Discussions (16)

Discussions Replied To (14) Replies Latest Activity

"I continue to be amazed at your skill and perseverance!"

Dennis Gaffney replied Jun 6, 2011 to FITTING FRAME 36

3 Nov 24, 2011
Reply by michael soto

"Eddie, I agree with Clyde. Having done post mortem on my Newporter and seeing it fr…"

Dennis Gaffney replied May 23, 2011 to A question about the crossbeam forward of the engine room below the floor

11 May 23, 2011
Reply by Dennis Gaffney

"Who knew? Good one."

Dennis Gaffney replied May 12, 2011 to Trivia from the day of sailing ships.

1 May 12, 2011
Reply by Dennis Gaffney

"Bob, Sounds like you are setting up your helm station so that you can actually see…"

Dennis Gaffney replied May 11, 2011 to Newporter 40 Selfsteering

15 Aug 31, 2011
Reply by Clyde A. Phillips

"I looked I'n to getting a self steering sail type unit when I had my Newporter. I re…"

Dennis Gaffney replied May 10, 2011 to Newporter 40 Selfsteering

15 Aug 31, 2011
Reply by Clyde A. Phillips

"On the Sans Souci, the bolt that held on the apron to the deadwood was so rotten tha…"

Dennis Gaffney replied Mar 22, 2011 to GENERAL STATEMENT ON NEWPORTER GALVANIZED FASTENERS

2 Mar 22, 2011
Reply by bob mitchell

"I will keep in touch. I'll also send pictures of the problem areas that were difficu…"

Dennis Gaffney replied Sep 5, 2009 to Adieu Sans Souci

2 Sep 5, 2009
Reply by Dennis Gaffney

"Thanks for the advice Ted. I read your other email and replied to it. Let's keep in…"

Dennis Gaffney replied Jun 28, 2009 to Restoring the Sans Souci

6 Jun 28, 2009
Reply by Dennis Gaffney

"Wow. I am amazed that you did all of that work in that short time and for that amoun…"

Dennis Gaffney replied Jun 28, 2009 to ORGANIZED AND CONDENSED MOONFLEET (HULL #124) BOW, SIDE, AND STERN REPAIRS

3 Jun 28, 2009
Reply by Dennis Gaffney

"certainly not a bad Idea to check. The bolts that held my keel to the keelson have d…"

Dennis Gaffney replied May 25, 2009 to Iron fastenings in frames

2 May 26, 2009
Reply by Justine

RSS

LINKS ===============

THE ROSTER

Muf, our Keeper of the Roster, has updated it.  But he still needs information on boats out there that he doesn't have, like new owners, old owners, where any of the boats are.  We don't post the roster on the web site, it is only sent to owners.  Please send him anything you might have, or call him at:      

gmuf48@aol.com   

909 561 4245

===============

Captain Clyde's Newporter  sites:

newporters.blogspot.com

and  

newporter.ning.com

The Ning site has been given a reprieve.   I have  transferred my Ning site to the blogspot site and will leave it there. I am keeping my Ning site open as a home for my photos and drawings.

Many of my photos there do not relate to Newporters, but a search through my collection may prove useful for your studies.

My drawings are not accurate in many respects as a result of the PAINT program used to draw them, There is no accurate scale and at best they are only useful to indicate some specific detail.  Some are inaccurate because of my poor memory.  Use them to help you think, not as a detailed presentation of the subject matter.

If any of you want to start a web site I suggest you remember what has happened to both my Ning site and this site (which is a Ning site) and remember that my Blogspot site is free and Blogspot's owner (Google) has promised to keep it that way.

Clyde's email:

camgphil@msn.com 

Put 'Newporter' on Subject Line.  Email is the best way to contact me.  I do not regularly look at this site or its messaging system.  Email will get to me post-haste. 

===============

© 2024   Created by bob mitchell.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service