Newporter 40 Together

a beautiful boat should sail forever.

Clyde A. Phillips's Discussions (48)

Discussions Replied To (36) Replies Latest Activity

"Be aware that the cabin side were two layers of 3/4 inch plywood when I started with…"

Clyde A. Phillips replied Mar 31, 2012 to REBUILDING MIDSHIPS, STARBOARD SIDE (2)

2 Apr 1, 2012
Reply by bob mitchell

"Bob, and anyone else.  As the Newporters went out our doors the system was all metal…"

Clyde A. Phillips replied Mar 10, 2012 to General Exhaust Discussion

4 Mar 10, 2012
Reply by Clyde A. Phillips

"Glad to hear you are all fixed up.  Stainless is almost always a good way to go.  Du…"

Clyde A. Phillips replied Mar 9, 2012 to General Exhaust Discussion

4 Mar 10, 2012

"At the tail end of my last note is mentioned a 58 foot research vessel and being off…"

Clyde A. Phillips replied Feb 8, 2012 to Memories

6 Feb 9, 2012
Reply by Eddie Offermann

"Well, you asked for it, so here’s some more.  First I’ll continue (add to) our punch…"

Clyde A. Phillips replied Feb 6, 2012 to Memories

6 Feb 9, 2012
Reply by Eddie Offermann

"The section of the film I liked was the Naval vessal (destroyer? I don't know the de…"

Clyde A. Phillips replied Feb 6, 2012 to Memories

6 Feb 9, 2012
Reply by Eddie Offermann

"One thing to remember (or know) is that (do you trust my memory?) the windshield is…"

Clyde A. Phillips replied Dec 7, 2011 to CORNER OF WINDSHIELD AND SALON ROOF REPAIR

1 Dec 7, 2011

"Well, let's see.  As captain of Rutgers University's research vessel, a high speed r…"

Clyde A. Phillips replied Dec 4, 2011 to COMMON SENSE FROM CLYDE: IMPORTANT TO READ!

4 Dec 4, 2011

"The drawing associated with this article does not include three things I want you to…"

Clyde A. Phillips replied Nov 15, 2011 to DESIGNING NEW ENGINE BEDS (by Clyde Phillips)

1 Nov 15, 2011

"Ack would have enjoyed reading your description of the Newporter.  Surely he would h…"

Clyde A. Phillips replied Aug 31, 2011 to Newporter 40 Selfsteering

15 Aug 31, 2011

RSS

LINKS ===============

THE ROSTER

Muf, our Keeper of the Roster, has updated it.  But he still needs information on boats out there that he doesn't have, like new owners, old owners, where any of the boats are.  We don't post the roster on the web site, it is only sent to owners.  Please send him anything you might have, or call him at:      

gmuf48@aol.com   

909 561 4245

===============

Captain Clyde's Newporter  sites:

newporters.blogspot.com

and  

newporter.ning.com

The Ning site has been given a reprieve.   I have  transferred my Ning site to the blogspot site and will leave it there. I am keeping my Ning site open as a home for my photos and drawings.

Many of my photos there do not relate to Newporters, but a search through my collection may prove useful for your studies.

My drawings are not accurate in many respects as a result of the PAINT program used to draw them, There is no accurate scale and at best they are only useful to indicate some specific detail.  Some are inaccurate because of my poor memory.  Use them to help you think, not as a detailed presentation of the subject matter.

If any of you want to start a web site I suggest you remember what has happened to both my Ning site and this site (which is a Ning site) and remember that my Blogspot site is free and Blogspot's owner (Google) has promised to keep it that way.

Clyde's email:

camgphil@msn.com 

Put 'Newporter' on Subject Line.  Email is the best way to contact me.  I do not regularly look at this site or its messaging system.  Email will get to me post-haste. 

===============

© 2024   Created by bob mitchell.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service